We are not robots, to be taught,
we are humans powered by inventive and original thought.
This is why life has no instruction book,
if it did, it could only ever tell us where to look.
For the sake of this poem,
let us image that this book does, exist.
Here is how I imagine it would read,
and let me start with the opening creed:
- If someone is attacking you call for help, until it comes.
- If school is treating you unfairly, go hang out with the Principal.
- You need to build your Content of Character.
- Your Body of Wisdom is a Key To Happiness.
- You Must Grow All The Way Up.
- You are to Become a Great Being.
- You Are Beautiful, You Were Beautiful All Along.
It would point to learn from The Greats
as they managed to lift impossible weights.
It would also say that we are delicate,
and our minds are extremely intricate.
It would add, Hey!
You can not grow up in places that weigh.
You have to find you own place in the world,
and you have to quit doing what you are told.
Above all it would state,
that you are Free,
and Full of Beauty.
and searching for Wisdom is your duty.